You learn something new everyday. Okay, that sounds too cliché, but these surprising food facts below are sure not.
Learn and enjoy!
1. For 200 years, Europeans feared tomato.
2. Roman soldiers were paid in salt.
3. Rotten eggs float in water.
4. Apple, potato and onion taste the same.
5. SPAM stands for Shoulder of Pork and Ham.
6. Peanuts are not nuts. They’re legumes.
7. Speaking of peanuts…
8. There’s alcohol in space!
9. Chopsticks = Deforestation
10. This is what your Cup O’ Noodles really looks like.
11. Honey is the only food that does not spoil.
12. Carrots were originally purple.
13. Chocolate was once used as currency.
14. These are not berries.
15. Bananas, watermelons, tomatoes, pumpkins and avocados are berries.