Beautiful beaches. Fascinating history. Friendly and hospitable locals. There are plenty of great reasons the Philippines should be the next country you visit.
There are also many interesting things you will encounter while getting around the country. From an extreme carpool called “habal-habal” to a delicious “halo-halo,” check out below some of the things that make it “more fun in the Philippines.” Enjoy!
1. Soda in a plastic bag
2. Kids playing the game Tumbang Preso
3. Eating Balut (a developing duck embryo)
4. Moving a house, literally. Locals called it “Bayanihan” which refers to a spirit of communal unity, helping a neighbor move his house to a new location.
5. This extreme carpool called “habal-habal”
6. The bizarre scenes when there’s a Manny Pacquiao fight like this deserted street:
The other street looks like this:
7. The sweet tofu snack called “Taho”
8. This road sign
9. I definitely want this delicious Filipino desert called Halo–Halo (literally means mix-mix)
10. The secret prizes.
11. This boy carrying this dog through flood waters.
Romeo Ranoco / Via Reuters
12. Kids playing basketball despite the flood
13. These friends drinking Red Horse beer in the aftermath of heavy rains.
14. This colorful Jeepney.
15. Ice cream seller in the middle of the ocean.
— Geryll Pangilinan (@GryllPnglnn) April 20, 2014
16. This guy selling fresh coconut juice.
17. This Wi-Pie to go.
— Biebs✨ (@MacDreaD) July 3, 2014
18. This pink cat GrabTaxi.
19. This “facebool” food cart.
20. This Husband Day Care Center.
21. This “snowman”
22. Magnificent views like this.
23. These dancing inmates.
24. Beautiful beaches like this.
25. And breathtaking sunsets.
(H/T to BuzzFeed)