SEO audit is essential to maintaining your SEO strategy’s efficacy. Hence, if your website is still not optimized efficiently, you are losing out on vast amounts of traffic and attention from potential customers, which you can gain through search engines.
SEO audit examines several website elements, including the content, linkages, and site structure. So it’s critical to understand how these elements operate to make things work in your favor. No worries, reporting templates are available to rescue you. Continue reading to learn how to present your website SEO audit report.
Why should you use presentation templates for professional reports?
The following are some of the reasons which will show you the importance of using reporting templates.
- Using a template for a report saves a lot of time as it already has the framework. You just have to select the appropriate one and customize it according to your preference.
- Having a pre-built structure enables you to focus more on the content of your report.
- Each member develops unique ways to reflect identical material when working as a team, making it challenging to understand. Using templates in this situation will allow you to deliver the material in a consistent, organized manner that will leave a favorable impression on the audience.
- Templates enable you to present the boring reporting data in a much more appealing manner as it entails infographic components like Circle Diagram, flow charts, etc.
- The uniformity of templates also makes the facts easier to read, which is essential when presenting a website SEO audit report.
- Templates won’t make you leave out any necessary information since they have designated placeholders for the relevant information. Templates streamline the process, improving the consistency and accuracy of reports.
Which data to include in an SEO audit?
There are many things that you should look out for, but essential data that must be included in the website SEO audit report are as follows:
You might receive a manual action from Google for violating Webmaster Quality Guidelines. This is a penalty given for violating Google’s Webmaster Quality Guidelines. It’s not algorithm-triggered but provided by Google’s auditors. Manual Actions instantly translate website ranking demotion and deindexing.
How to check:
Access the Search Console there; you will see the “manual actions” link under the “Security and Manual Actions” tab in the menu bar on the left side of the screen. When you click it, you’ll be taken to a page where you may view the status. For example, if you see a green tick, no issues are detected; if not, you will see the highlighted area with a problem.
Despite using responsive mobile-optimized versions, you may encounter such issues. So consider using Google’s SEO audit tool “Mobile-Friendly Test” to check your website’s performance.
How to check:
You may check in Search Console’s Mobile Usability under the “Enhancements” tab for any problems the user is experiencing. Additionally, to learn more, go to “Site Audit” that way, you’ll learn about the factors that aid in making your website mobile compatible, like AMP, Crawled Pages report, etc.
Your Website’s Speed
You must ensure that your website is fast in terms of UX and SEO perspectives. Slow speed can make the users leave and go for your competitor’s fast website. With this rapid change in the customer’s buying habits, one must not ignore the value of website performance.
How to check:
Go to the “Site Performance” report in your Site SEO Audit dashboard to learn about it. There you may also find the “Core Web Vitals Report.” Going through it, you will get to know the issues linked to Total Blocking Time (TBT), Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), and Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS). Mention all these in your SEO Audit report presentation so that your team can work more effectively to meet the criteria of Google PageSpeed Insights.
Broken Internal Links
Visitors anticipate being directed to the page instead of receiving a 404 error. When you run an e-store, check out broken internal links as they build a terrible user experience and give search engines a bad quality signal, which is harmful in terms of e-commerce SEO audit.
How to check:
To learn about the broken internal links, go to the Site Audit report, click on the “Issues” tab, and you’ll find the heading “Breaks.” Once you know, attempt to fix them asap. You can either update that internal link by correcting the URL or simply remove it.
On-Page SEO Audit
On-page SEO is equally important as Off-page SEO regarding website ranking. On-page optimization emphasizes the SEO practices within your reach, i.e., making content that makes you rank well in the search engine. For instance:
- Optimizing meta descriptions, title tags, header tags, and meta descriptions.
- incorporating useful images with alt tags
- Using high-ranked keywords throughout your content
- Creating a network of internal links
Hence, it is vital to perform an on-page SEO Audit. Check on these components, see where you lack and what can be done to overcome that. Then, mention all this in your technical SEO audit report.
How to make data visually appealing?
Data visualization can assist in carrying out the grunt work to improve and communicate the narrative. To make use of it efficiently, consider the following things:
- Avoid using unnecessary illustrations, extra copy, decorations, chart clutter, and drop shadows. Instead, consider using Presentation Templates. You’ll find appropriate slides making your report visually appealing yet professional.
- Keep it basic to make the material easy to comprehend. For instance, if you’re using a pie chart, the maximum number of slices should not exceed 6. Never lose sight of these minor adjustments since they have such a significant impact.
- Maintain a basic and direct style for chart and graph headers. Any elaborative language above the chart should be succinct and pertinent to the chart itself, while the rest elaboration can be done through speech.
- Avoid using distracting fonts or design features. Instead, look up italic or bold text to highlight a point but remember not to use it together.
- Please avoid patterns when making a report. However, if you’re trying to highlight something, let’s say you are using a map, you can look up solid-colored lines. Stick to one color and make use of different tones if you want.
- Leave white space on the slide to provide balance and highlight specific components. Also, you can use bold letters and different sizes to highlight.
A website’s technological foundation, on-page components, and off-page necessities are all examined as part of an SEO audit to improve your website’s search engine exposure, conversion, and usability. Hence, a regular SEO audit is necessary for a stable website’s performance.
In order to present your findings, the presentation template is the best way to break the monotony of boring data while maintaining uniformity and making it appealing. However, to make it more effective, consider the above suggestions.