Here’s a treat for all you Star Wars fans out there – a collection of rare photographs of George Lucas behind the scenes of Star Wars, courtesy of Time. Enjoy!
1. George Lucas and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) on the set of Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope in a galaxy far, far away.
2. Lucas gives direction to Sir Alec Guinness (Obi-Wan Kenobi) in Episode IV.
3. Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) and Harrison Ford (Han Solo) sit around Lucas on the set of The Empire Strikes Back.
4. Lucas with Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), along with Hamill and Ford on the set of Episode IV.
5. Lucas directs Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin) and Carrie Fisher.
6. Harrison Ford and Lucas share a moment in Endor on the set of Return of the Jedi.
7. Lucas on set filming the opening scene of Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope.
8. Lucas reviews concept art for Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones.
9. Lucas inspects a model pod racer for Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace.
10. Lucas makes sure that the Death Star is fully armed and operational for Return of the Jedi.
11. Lucas holds up Jango Fett’s helmet.
12. Natalie Portman (Queen Amidala) and Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi) listen to Lucas’ directions on the set of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.
13. Lucas directs a lightsaber battle between Ian McDiarmid (Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious) and Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu) on the set of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.
14. Lucas sets up camp next to a Bantha on the set of Episode IV.
15. Lucas finds the droid he was looking for.