Why Should I Contact a Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can be one of the scariest and most life changing things to happen to a person. A high energy collision involving one or more massive vehicle is not something to be taken lightly.
If you have been in a car accident, hopefully you walked away from the scene without a scratch on you. However, if you found yourself with medical bills and other issues following a car accident, you may consider a consultation with a car accident lawyer.
What are Some Different Types of Car Accidents?
There are tons of ways that accidents can develop on the road, not limited to the following list. When cars are quickly moving up and down busy streets, accidents are bound to happen.
1. Head-On Impact. When two cars impact each other head on, the forces experienced by both drivers are immense. These are the types of accidents that can lead to brain and spinal cord injuries, due to the enormity of the forces present.
2. “Rear-Ended.” A common cause of whiplash, rear end collisions consist typically of the driver in front being stationary, such as sitting at a stop sign, when another driver crashes into them from behind.
3. Sideswipes. Causing angular momentum injuries and organ damage, these accidents can be devastating and usually occur when two vehicles are traveling in the same direction.
How Does a Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
In short, a car accident lawyer will take care of all of the legal considerations surrounding your case and ensure that you get all of the compensation to which you are entitled. Your attorney accomplishes this through a variety of methods including:
1. Gathering Eye-Witness Testimony. Following your accident, there may have been people at the scene who saw the whole event unfold. Your car accident lawyer will attempt to track down these individuals and ensure that you have their testimony to strengthen your case, should you need to go to court.
2. Dealing with the Insurance Company. Insurance companies will try to settle your case as quickly and for as little money as possible. Your car accident lawyer, on the other hand, will consult with you and make sure that you don’t sign anything too early in your case, waiving your rights to pursue further compensation down the road.
3. Ensure that You Get Medical Documentation of Your Injuries. While this will fall at least partially on you, it’s critical that you have a physician’s documentation that you suffered injuries directly related to the trauma of the car accident. These can be physical injuries as well as emotional ones.
What Should I Do If I’ve Been in a Car Accident?
First and foremost, ensure that you are seen by a qualified medical professional. Your health is your number one priority. After you’ve taken care of your immediate medical needs, you may consider a consultation with a car accident lawyer. This will ensure that you get whatever compensation you are due.
And if you are concerned that a lawyer won’t take your case because you didn’t suffer a major accident, remember that no claim is too small for a car accident lawyer to assist with.